Welcome to my college planning website!
My name is Jeff Bria. I have been a college administrator for 30+ years and consult within the higher education community.
I have been helping families save money on college since 2012.
How did I begin working with students and families?
Working in higher education, family, friends, and colleagues often sought me out for advice or to answer questions regarding admissions, financial aid, scholarships, standardized testing, transfer credit, degree requirements, and other academic-related issues.
One family asked me to guide them through the process, they recommended me to another, who recommended me to another…and today, I primarily concentrate on college planning.
Informally, I have been advising students for 30+ years. Formally, I have been assisting students/families since 2012.
52% of students do not graduate from the first college they attend.
My goal is 100% graduation from 1st choice schools.
In general statistics and research tells us there is a direct correlation between choosing a “good match” school and your retention and ultimate graduation from that school.
Helping students is personally rewarding.
Nothing says it better than this note I received from a student: “I am so grateful for all your help finding the perfect school. I wouldn’t have even considered going here if it weren’t for you.” – This young lady swam collegiality for three years and is on schedule to graduate in four years.
10 Reasons Families Work With Me
- To save money
- To avoid costly mistakes
- Admission/Financial Aid/Academic Expertise
- To improve scholarship offers
- To avoid excess student debt
- To increase the odds of graduation in 4 years or less
- For personalized service to meets your needs
- For objective opinions, which leads to reduced stress
- For a customized list of Good Match schools
- Because 95% of my students are admitted to their 1st-Choice schools
I adhere to the principles of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA) and Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA), and make it a priority to stay up to date with admissions and higher education via continuing education and college visits.
College administrative positions:
- Interim Registrar University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
- Interim Registrar – National Labor College
- Registrar and Executive Director of Student Services for Walden University
- Registrar and Associate Director of Academic & Student Affairs for the College of Visual Arts
- Student Services positions at the College of St. Catherine and University of St. Thomas
- Assistant Registrar at Northern Michigan University
- Director of Partner Relations & Business Integration Manager for iSeek Solutions
- Student Service consulting for the Minnesota State College & University System, University of Minnesota, National Labor College, and numerous other educational and non-profit entities.
I hold a MBA from the University of St. Thomas and a B.A. in Public Administration and Education from Northern Michigan University, along with an Independent Education Consultant Certificate from the University of California at Irvine.
I reside in Cottage Grove, Minnesota with my wife Michele, daughter Kelsey, and son Zach. I have been and continue to be active in numerous professional, community, and charitable activities.
Current and Past Affiliations
- Independent Educational Consulting Certificate – University of California – Irvine
- American Association of College Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Upper Midwest Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (UMACRAO)
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- Minnesota School Counselors Association (MSCA)
- Minnesota Association for College Admission Counseling (MACAC)
- Director Softball – East Ridge Athletic Association
- Cottage Grove Athletic Association – (Softball Board)
- South Washington County Gifted and Talented Advisory Committee
- Hastings Area Swim Team – Board Member
You must be logged in to post a comment.