I know what your thinking. Pre-high school. Really?
Really. I am frequently asked, “When should we start the college planning process?” My answer. It’s never too early. One of the most popular college admission planning workshops I do is designed for 6th through 8th grade parents.
The middle school years are the best years to begin preparation for college. Why?
Depending on your goals and admissions selectivity – Courses Taken (academic rigor), Grades, Test Scores, Extracurricular Activities, Community Involvement, Your Savings are factors which can impact where a student can be admitted.
Middle School – High School Prep Package Services:
* Establishing a college-planning timetable.
* Understanding college myths & realities and how colleges make admissions decisions.
* Setting academic and extracurricular priorities.
> Extracurricular, community, faith-based, volunteer, leadership athletic, artistic, etc. involvement.
* Developing good study habits and tackling tough courses.
* Pre-planning a high school curriculum.
* Understanding College Costs. Financing a college education. Savings plans.
* Informal college visits.
* Career exploration and the link to college majors.
* 4,500+ choices. Intro to the variety and types colleges – one size does not fit all.